Monday, March 1, 2010

Seattle Pastel Paintings


'Silshole Marina' pastel painting          8x10           
             
This painting was done from a photograph by Seattle photographer Anders Carlson. I painted it in a workshop given by Karen Margulis on painting nocturnes in Pastel. It was a lot of fun, and I plan to paint more night scenes.
 
The paintings below are of  beautiful Discovery Park located on the Puget Sound.  I visited there in the summer when the colors of the grass were golden, rust, and copper, quite a change from the greens of the Georgia landscape.
  
'Discovery Park 1' pastel painting     9x12         










'Discovery Park 2' pastel painting
11x14







Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anders said...

Fantastic Painting! :) I think I've been there before!

Anders

Dana said...

Beautiful, Mom!